A few things I am learning about science notebooking:
- Students take pride in making their notebook neat and usable.
- Students want to use their notebooks daily.
- Students appreciate how their notebooks take the place of a textbook.
- Students want and need to be encouraged to keep their notebooks organized.
- Although it is a great strategy, using left side/right side doesn't work for everyone. There are many ways to get the most out of notebooking. Customize your own strategies for each of your classes.
- Teachers should keep a model notebook. This helps students with learning creative ways to glue in foldables or activity sheets.
- Make copies or photos of student notebook pages of notes, drawings, etc. and add them to your own teacher notebook. This will save time from having to write your own notes in your notebook and it showcases student work. Students will take pride in making their drawings extra neat in hopes that their teacher will choose their page to be showcased!
- Make notebooking enjoyable for all! The best way to do this is by using creative activities with notebooking. Allow the students to get creative as long as they don't lose focus of their learning target.